Uncategorized June 27, 2011

Out of State Owners

That the Washington State Landlord Tenant Act requires that there be a designated representative within the county where the rental property is located?  A change to the law, effective 7/22/11, strengthens this requirement:

[Regardless of such designation, any owner who resides outside the state and who violates a provision of this chapter is deemed to have submitted himself or herself to the jurisdiction of the courts of this state and personal service of any process may be made on the owner outside the state with the same force and effect as personal service within the state.]