Uncategorized September 26, 2010

Landlord/Tenant Issues? There is free help!

That Washington State has a free advice and referral service for low-income people for civil matters, including Landlord-Tenant issues?  CLEAR has limited resources, but may:

  • Give verbal or written advice that may help solve the problem;
  • Send written legal information and/or forms to help solve the problem;
  • Try to resolve the problem through negotiation;
  • Referral to another provider of legal aid.

Contact information:

  • Outside King County: Call 1-888-201-1014 weekdays 9:15 a.m. until 12:15 p.m. 
  • King County: Call 211, 206-461-3200 or 1-877-211-WASH for information and referral to an appropriate legal services provider weekdays 8:00 am – 6:00 pm. Information on legal service providers in King County may also be accessed through 211’s website at www.resourcehouse.org.
  • Persons 60 and Over: Persons 60 or over may call CLEAR*Sr at 1-888-387-7111, regardless of income.